Friday, August 12, 2011

Question for you guitar experts out there- LP and Strat?

I currently own a Mexican- made strat and an Epi Elitist Les Paul, and I was wondering if there was a guitar out there that had all the features I like about each guitar. Strat- I prefer the feel/shape of the neck to the LP a lot, plus the better upper fretboard access. For the LP- I love the tone from the mahogany/humbucker combination, and strings are a lot easier to bend with the jumbo frets and smaller scale (24 3/4" vs. 25.5"). I play a lot of rock and metal, which is why I use the LP more (strat single coils don't do it for me), yet the thick neck is really uncomfortable. Now if you've made it this far, here is my question- is there a guitar out there that is the best of both worlds? Mahogany body, humbuckers, short scale, and strat- style neck? My price range is $500-1000 USD, and I run it through a Traynor YCV50BLUE 50 watt amp. Any and all help is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment